Friday, August 30, 2013

ramen burger

The moment my sister informed me about the magical creation known as the ramen burger, I was in food love. The concept of fusing ramen, burgers, and asian flavors simply resonated with my collegiette status. There are several reasons why the ramen burger encompasses the essence of college-style DIY cuisine:
1. Ramen.
2. Like ramen, burgers are the epitome of cheap, delicious convenience food.
3. The special soy sauce is reminiscent of Asian take-out, another quintessential college meal.
The concept of combining ramen and burgers into this $8 gourmet lovechild is not only genius but also just plain, friggen ballsy.

Ramen Burger
1 package of dried ramen
1 egg
ground beef or pork (I used pork)
cooking oil
soy sauce
scallions
optional: cheese, condiments, other seasonings

Yields 1

The noodle "bun" molds

Frying the buns so they hold their shape

Cue the singing angels: it's the finished ramen burger. And I only burned myself once.

No comments:

Post a Comment