Monday, February 16, 2015

New England winter, redefined

As of yesterday, the Boston Globe reports that after snowstorm Neptune generously gifted us yet another foot of snow, February 2015's snowfall is officially one for the books, breaking the city's record with an incredible 58.5 inches of snow dropped in one month.

For now, a hulking expanse of snowflake and ice sits in our front and back yard - and entire neighborhood for that matter. In many areas, the snow piles come close to or already are towering above me; in our driveway, it rises above my father and even my 6-foot-something Irish neighbor. Problem is, there is just nowhere else to put it. Yet still, the forecast reads: more snow is on the way.

"Why didn't I go to school in California when I had the chance?"
The porch, covered in a sheet of ice


Man vs. snow: My father, with his trusty shovel



No comments:

Post a Comment