Wednesday, May 13, 2015

easy dairy-free banana mango smoothie

Yes, I ate a smoothie with a spoon. Don't judge!
 Spring came three weeks late this year, and now that it's *finally* warming up around Boston, my frozen dessert cravings have started kicking in. Dairy-free frozen desserts are not the easiest to find, nor are they particularly affordable. Thankfully, when I'm not in the mood for caving in on an overpriced single-serve from my college dining hall, I know I can still throw together something as quick, easy, cheap and refreshing as this banana mango smoothie.

This recipe is amazing because it:
  • is free additional sugar. Believe it or not, you can get all the necessary sweetness and flavor from the frozen mango and the ripe banana. 
  • is free of dairy. You can easily substitute liquid in this recipe for non-dairy milk or juice. I used coconut milk.
  • takes less than a minute to make. Just throw your ingredients in a processor or mixer, blitz and voila! You're done.
  • can be slurped like a smoothie via straw or consumed like a sorbet using a spoon.
This is actually quite filling!

mango banana smoothie [df] [v]
1/2 cup frozen mango chunks
1 banana, very ripe
1/3 cup non-dairy milk (I used coconut)

Yields approx. 1 1/2 cup (1 serving for a hungry person, 2 servings for 2 not-so hungry people)

Dump ingredients in a food processor or blender, and pulse until it reaches your desired texture. Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment