Wednesday, December 24, 2014

bread wreath! happy holidays!



It's hard to believe that Christmas in Boston this year is as snow-less as Christmas in Los Angeles. There is truly, honestly not even a single, pathetic patch of snow on the ground. Instead, it's been downcast and rainy out for quite a while. Wump. So I decided I should bake something to inject some much-needed holiday spirit into the gray atmosphere. =)

For Christmas eve dinner, I made this Holiday Breakfast Wreath from Sara Kate Gillingham of the Kitchn. It's a soft bread with sweet and tart filling. I tried my best to emulate Sara's gorgeously braided wreath, but -ahem- it looks like I still have a long ways to go! I highly recommend checking out her recipe because the bread is delicate, fragrant and melts in your mouth. It feels and tastes phenomenal fresh out of the oven.

The original recipe includes a cranberry-almond filling and a citrus glaze. I didn't have the necessary ingredients, so I improvised a filling using flour, orange juice and chopped dates. If I make this again, I would add more filling, but I still think a glaze on top of a sweet filling would make it a tad too sweet.



No comments:

Post a Comment