Sunday, April 12, 2015

rosemary, thyme & garlic focaccia


The other day, I revisited the discounted produce rack in my local grocery store. Last time, I discovered some summer squash, which turned into these summer squash muffins. This time, I found a big box of fresh(ish) rosemary, thyme and parsley.

Aside from some yellowing parsley, the discounted herbs still had plenty of life in them.
The smell of rosemary always transports me back to sophomore year of high school when me and my mother took a trip to California to visit universities. Somewhere along the trip, we were on a mad rush to our next destination (what's new?). My memory gets foggy here, but I recall walking through a bus?/train? station before being lured into a bakery on the sidelines by the powerful smell of rosemary. I ended up buying a large rustic hunk of herb bread and eating the entire thing. Yes, the carb addiction started a long, long time ago.


Yum, pools of olive oil. Just how I like my olive oil.

 I used the "easy focaccia bread with herbs" recipe by Joanne and Adam Gallagher on Inspired Taste. They have clear instructions with photos, so I highly recommend checking them out here if you want to try this recipe (which you should).

I only had a 10x15 pan instead of the 9x13, so my focaccia came out thinner, and its baking time was reduced to around 13-15 minutes, max. I know this because I baked it for 16 minutes, and it came out a bit toastier than intended. Still, the bread was delicious, and the amazing herbs left my dorm kitchen smelling like a warm, savory heaven. Noms.

No comments:

Post a Comment